Tuesday, August 5, 2008

AUG.5



When I was pregnant with Cora, I wasn't really sure how much Lane understood "baby in mommy's belly". I talked about her to him every day, and he loved to come kiss my belly and lay his head on it. He knew to point at my stomach when asked where baby Cora was. I wondered how he would act when she was born and no longer living inside of mommy! The day he was brought to the hospital to meet Cora, I found out! We introduced Lane to his new sister, and after a few minutes, asked him where Cora was. He pointed to his new baby girl! Never once after meeting her did he point to my belly in reference to Cora.
Now, all Lane wants to do is kiss Cora and love on her, just like when she was in my stomach. He begs to hold her, and when he REALLY wants to hold her, he runs to his Elmo couch, flops down, and puts his hands up, asking, "Hold you, Cora!" It is so sweet, and watching them interact is even sweeter. I love the bond that they have had from the start!


No comments:

Post a Comment