Saturday, July 11, 2009

Marriage

One of the first out of my high school peers to get married and have children, I have attended/been a participant in several weddings since my own. Today, one of the last of my unmarried friends is tying the knot. The difference is, she's moving all the way to Naples, FL. I'm a naturally emotionally person, and weddings REALLY run the gamut of my emotions; today, I feel as if I might soak through several handkerchiefs. I am so very excited for TSB(L) and know that she is marrying a good man. I am sad for the opinionated, grammatically-correct sized hole that she will leave behind. I can't believe how far we've all come in such a short time. 5 years have flown by, swallowed into the oblivion we call "the past". May I be ever appreciative of every moment, every shared laugh, every friendly embrace...

No comments:

Post a Comment